Saturday, January 30, 2010

More Fun in the Snow

Last night and this morning we had quite a bit of snow (for Lille) fall in a pretty short amount of time. At times it was falling pretty hard and pretty quickly. We only actually got about 2 inches or so accumulation, but it was just enough for the kids to have some fun. They played on our balcony for about an hour, throwing snowballs and making snowmen. I think Alden even had a snow candy shop at one point. To warm them up after they were done playing, I made them hot chocolate and a special snowman treat. Tonight the poor snowman is melted and all the snow is just about gone!


Ready to play
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

arlene said...

Amy, I found your blog from a comment you posted on a friend's site. I read your blog and love checking in on you and your beautiful family. What drew me in was your comment on the post about your husband being deployed. My son-in-law will soon leave for a year long tour (to a yet undetermined location), leaving my daughter and newborn grandson. He also attended West Point and intends on making the Army his career. Two of my hobbies are cooking and photography so seeing your great pictures and food is especially fun. Thanks for letting me share in your adventure!