Another quiet day here at the Romper Room! Overall a pretty good day. We started out by running some errands this morning. We bought some things for Abrahm and sent him out a special box. We had to wait at the Post Office for over 30 minutes. The line was just about out the door. Crazy! The kids actually did pretty well. We didn't even destroy anything. Usually I take my baby bag with the crayons, stickers and snacks everywhere. I didn't take it into the Post Office this morning since I thought we'd be in and out quickly. Goes to show what I know!
After our errands and Post Office expedition, we headed to Olive Garden for lunch. The kids were great! They both ate well and spent the time coloring and drawing pictures. Adalee is just one eating machine these days. She isn't crazy about her formula anymore, so it's a struggle to get her to take what she needs, but she loves real food. At lunch she ate tomatoes, bread, spaghetti and a banana. For dinner she ate mashed potatoes, green beans, country steak and grapes. I hope she continues to be as good of an eater as her brothers.
After dinner we played and wrote in our journals. It was also bath night since we have church tomorrow. The kids are now in bed, bottles are washed and laundry is done. So I am going to turn in a little earlier this evening I hope.
Today was probably emotionally the hardest for me so far. Saturdays are usually family days and we try to do things together. So Abrahm's absence was really felt today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I did get emails from Abrahm today. He had his first flight in country and it was successful. Thanks for all of your prayers for a safe flight. Adam tonight said this prayer before bed tonight, "Dear God, Thank you for my Daddy. Please give him all the things he needs and keep him safe and sound while he's out flying. Amen."

Adam and Adalee playing together this morning
After our errands and Post Office expedition, we headed to Olive Garden for lunch. The kids were great! They both ate well and spent the time coloring and drawing pictures. Adalee is just one eating machine these days. She isn't crazy about her formula anymore, so it's a struggle to get her to take what she needs, but she loves real food. At lunch she ate tomatoes, bread, spaghetti and a banana. For dinner she ate mashed potatoes, green beans, country steak and grapes. I hope she continues to be as good of an eater as her brothers.
After dinner we played and wrote in our journals. It was also bath night since we have church tomorrow. The kids are now in bed, bottles are washed and laundry is done. So I am going to turn in a little earlier this evening I hope.
Today was probably emotionally the hardest for me so far. Saturdays are usually family days and we try to do things together. So Abrahm's absence was really felt today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
I did get emails from Abrahm today. He had his first flight in country and it was successful. Thanks for all of your prayers for a safe flight. Adam tonight said this prayer before bed tonight, "Dear God, Thank you for my Daddy. Please give him all the things he needs and keep him safe and sound while he's out flying. Amen."
Adam and Adalee playing together this morning

No comments:
Post a Comment