Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 12

This will be a short update today, but I know a lot of you are reading the blog to see what happened at Vanderbilt today. We had the Upper GI test this morning. Adalee wasn't very cooperative, but the staff and doctors were so wonderful. They kept on working with her to drink the yucky stuff so they didn't have to put in a feeding tube. According to her doctor she has a terrible case of reflux. He said in most Upper GI series reflux doesn't show up, but because hers is soooooo bad, it showed up really well. He was kind of excited, I was kind of stressed. He says that the reflux can cause all of the issues she's been having. He said because it is coming up so high, higher than most, the acid is causing the congestion, stuffy nose and ear infections. He upped her medicine and we'll try that for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work then he'll change the medication. Then the final step is a more invasive procedure if none of the medication is helping her congestion. He really wants to see that disappear. It was quite a stressful day. But I am so thankful for all the doctors and nurses and Vandy. They were so amazing with Adalee (and me too). They were kind and compassionate. It was so nice to be in a place that acts as though they love my child and just want to see her better. Overall I was very encouraged by the doctor and hope with this new medicine she's better soon. I'll write more tomorrow when we get home, but I wanted to say a big Thank You! to everyone who has been thinking about us and praying for us these past few weeks and especially today. They were truly felt.

No comments: