Monday, November 27, 2006

Over the River and Through the Woods to Grammy's House we Go!

I don't think we've ever gone this long without posting. We are all still alive and well. We traveled to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. The boys and I left the Saturday before and flew to Baltimore where Grammy and PopPop picked us up. On our way to Elimsport (Abrahm's hometown), we stopped by Nana and Zedo's for a yummy dinner! Once we got to the farm the boys went non-stop. They had a great time. Adam loved "helping" PopPop feed the cows (all 69 of them!), combine the rest of the corn, and load the corn into the grain bin. He was in heaven. Alden wasn't quite big enough this trip to really enjoy the farm, but he did enjoy being spoiled by Grammy.

Abrahm joined us on Thankgiving day for dinner at Aunt Karin's and Uncle Scott's house. I think there were a total of 26 folks for dinner. The boys had a blast and actually behaved themselves pretty well.

Once we got back to the farm after Thanksgiving the kids enjoyed playing with all their new friends. We had lots of visitors and the boys had lots of friends to entertain.

Now that we're back safe and sound it's time to get into gear and get ready for Christmas. This year my parents and my brother and his family are heading our direction for the holidays. So we've got to get to work so we'll be ready for their arrival.

One last thought on Thanksgiving. It's usually a time of reflection for all those things we are thankful for. I think this year, more than many others, I realized how very blessed our family is. Unlike last year's Thanksgiving, this one we celebrated for the first time as a family of four. We are so thankful that Abrahm is home with us this year and that we get to celebrate this holdiay season as a complete family again. I can't believe next year this time we'll be a family of 5!!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.


Allyia, Adam and Alden playing "sledding" with an old box Posted by Picasa

No comments: