Okay. I am going to complain and vent here. I think today was the worst Thanksgiving ever. The whole day just stunk. The boys both woke up at 6:00 this morning. So by lunchtime, both were fit to be tied. They were just grumpy. I didn't get to talk to Abrahm. We just chatted online for about 5 minutes. When I got to my friend's house for dinner they were all almost done eating. Adam had a complete meltdown once we got there (by the time we left he was fine though). So I didn't really eat much and got no dessert. We then had to leave early because Alden pulled a chair over on top of him and busted him mouth and jaw. 2 1/2 hours in the emergency room didn't help, especially since I had both kids. The doctor looked at his mouth and didn't know what to do. It was bleeding and the jaw was out of alignment. He took an X-ray, but it wasn't very good and didn't show much.
So here's what the doc said. "I am not sure of the problem. Don't worry about the bleeding, it will stop eventually. It may take 2 or 3 days, but it will stop. I don't know about the jaw. It could have a fracture in the cartilage, but that happens all the time and it should heal just fine. I can't do anything to fix it. " Okay. Glad I wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life. So basically there seems to be some problem. He's not sure and doesn't really want to deal with it. He said to get it checked out again if it doesn't look better in a few days. But that they would then have to do a CT Scan and that means they have to sedate him. So not sure where that's going to lead us. So please pray it heals on its own and the bleeding stops.
So since today is Thanksgiving, I have tried to be thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful for my husband and my boys. My family and friends who are truly a blessing to us. I will be more thankful when I can put my arms around my husband and hand the boys over to him for a few minutes. Being solely repsonsible for their health and well being is so exhausting and overwhelming. Keeping them from hurting themselves before Abrahm returns seems impossible at times (espcially since we have two roudy boys). Not having someone there to lean on at the hospital or when things are tough is really difficult.
So all that being said, I hope the rest of you had a better Thanksgiving than us and enjoyed your day with your families and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment